The RR Museum of New England has acquired former B&M RS-3 #1508 from a private owner in Michigan. This unit was one of the two steam generator equipped RS-3's swapped by the B&M to the D&H in the mid 1970's for two D&H RS-3's. In D&H service it was numbered 4075. Finishing up its D&H career it ended up at Steamtown in the early 1980's and was later sold at the Steamtown auction in 1988 to its previous owner. In the early 1990's it operated on the Western Maryland Scenic RR painted in WM colors for a couple of years. Prior to its movement to Michigan the unit was worked on at the W&LE's Brewster OH shop where the trucks were rebuilt and new motor combo's were installed. It presently is painted in a NYC cigarband style paint scheme and lettered for the Chesanning and Owosso Central RR where it operated a few times on the TSBY RR before being stored for the last four years. The unit shipped from Michigan on 7/6 and arrived intact at the RMNE's Naugatuck RR in Waterbury CT on 7/31. After some mechanical attention the 1508 will be placed into service as stand by engine for the Naugatuck RR's scenic train service.