Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1498175  by jhdeasy

A vessel struck the Livingston Avenue bridge across the Hudson River between Albany and Rensselaer NY around 9:15 AM this morning. A vessel now appears to be wedged under the bridge. The swing span is open.

At a minimum, I think an inspection will be required to confirm the bridge is safe for rail traffic.

This would affect Amtrak trains operating to/from Chicago, Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal and Rutland.

Should not have any affect on service between ALB and NYP.
 #1498186  by Greg Moore

More on this:
https://wnyt.com/news/several-boats-swe ... ?cat=10114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm trying to find the video from WNYT I just saw on Facebook of the Captain JP III (I guess the IV will soon be ordered ;-) of the actual strike.

I have NOT yet seen any announcements of service delays, but like jhdeasy suggests, I definitely see service delays coming.

(and I'm hoping they don't extend until Sunday, my son is taking the train back to Buffalo. Though I suppose they'll bridge bus to Schenectady or something.
 #1498392  by STrRedWolf

Lets check AmtrakAlerts!
ohioriverrailway wrote:29/30/48/49 (21) all ran anywhere from 3 to 7 hours late.
42 (22) was an hour plus late leaving Pgh.
Cold weather woes??
29/30/48/49 on the 21st hit a disabled Norfolk Southern train in Toledo. 30 got a late start.
48/49 hit the weather as well.
29 on the 22nd hit a switch problem in Pittsburgh and was 2 hours late then.
42 on the 22nd hit a crew delay (probably due to the weather).
dgvrengineer wrote:Cresent #20 from Atlanta was 7 hours late at Charlotte. What happened?

Edit: Noticed on Thomasville Railcam it only had one loco, usually has two. Must have had engine problems or it hit something.
You're right. Engine problems north of Atlanta were the cause.
shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why westbound #307 (23rd) on the STL Corridor Dp'd. CHI 3'32" late??
Equipment issues in Chicago.
 #1498731  by STrRedWolf

arthur d. wrote:27 Jan, 696 almost 3 hrs late into BON. Departed as 697 @ 2112 hrs. No explanations offered. Prominent screeching coming from under 1 car all the way to HAV. Heavy smell of dragging brakes noted at EXE.
Late turn from 693. The entire Downeaster line hit unscheduled track maintenance between Haverhill (HHL) and Exeter (EXR).