Railroad Forums 

• CP 2816 Revival

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1371089  by Engineer Spike

CP seems to be making a big PR push. In Canada it seems like lots of sporting events are being sponsored by CP. Some CFL teams have a CP logo on their jerseys. Since Hunter is involved with horses, I've seen CP logos at horse jumping shows on the sports channels on tv.

The steam program may be another way. UP, and now NS have been successfully using this avenue.
 #1487095  by RGlueck

I have been told by reliable and well placed sources, the 2816 is likely to be renewed as a working locomotive. The same source has named two other potential steam candidate to join her in heritage service, although the selection would be one, but both candidates. Undoing HH's damage is taking some time.
 #1487391  by Tom6921

That's good about 2816. I've ridden behind it twice.

I've heard something about CP acquiring a dome car. Does anyone have any information on that?