Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1533909  by jamoldover

Spotted FL9 #2027 at the south end of the McCracken Rd siding in Millbury today. The area is surrounded by stacks of ties and other construction materials, as well as a large number of redbox+ dumpsters.

Other equipment spotted in this location in the past has been scrapped soon after, since it's easy for large trucks to get to and out of the way of passing trains. I don't know if that's a bad sign, or simply coincidence on location.

Photos can be obtained from the Millbury bike path (from the rear of the unit) - the only way to get to the other side would be to walk on the inside curve of the off-ramp from Rt 146 (not recommended).
 #1533946  by MaineCoonCat

Could that site be part of F&D Salvage at 17 McCracken Road? If so, it may be razor blades very soon.
17 McCracken Rd.
17 McCracken Rd.
17 McCracken Road.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 3142 times
.....F&D Salvage website ►..https://www.fdsalvage.com/
Use link above, image below does NOT link to website.
F & D Salvage Web page image
F & D Salvage Web page image
F and D Salvage.PNG (802.24 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
 #1534369  by b&m 1566

Millennials were taught by the baby boomers, I guess we didn't learn from the best.
Anyways, anymore news on 2027? It's a little unsettling, knowing it's sitting where rail equipment has been cut up.
 #1534376  by Lentinula

I didn't see it on a drive by the other day, but to be fair I wasn't looking very hard.

I think that spot is just P&W's out-of-sight-out-of-mind corner. I don't think its scrapping is imminent, I just think they want it out of the way.
Last edited by MEC407 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1535652  by MaineCoonCat

My ears are perked up to find out how they made out in court yesterday..
 #1535834  by MaineCoonCat

Stolen? Or are they starting to remove usable parts before the cutting torch strikes?