Railroad Forums 

• B&M Gawking (District 2 Sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1535828  by MEC407

twropr wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:21 pmWonder why with two locomotives it was dead?
Backshophoss wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:31 pmPAR has the habit of "run'em till they DROP" style maintaince.having both units croak is "par" for the course.
...particularly if the units in question were 300s. Those locomotives are now 52 years old. To put it another way: running an original GP40 on the mainline in the year 2020 is like running a GP7 on the mainline in the year 2000.
 #1564561  by twropr

Does anyone know why Amtrak Downeasters 695 and 698 were delayed for about three hrs near Saco, ME on Sat. the 27th? On a related note the Broadcastify New Hampshire radio feed did not pick up Pan Am's District 2 train dispatcher when I checked the archives. I hope that the all-powerful base at Mt Agemenicus has not been replaced by a bunch of weak antennas.
Thanks!
Andy
 #1579725  by arthur d.

Caught 7535 and the 604 making sure everyone was awake as they trundled through Dover with an eastbound today around 1600 hrs. Made it to the Berwick bridge ahead of them, but still too much foliage, the camera stayed in its case.