Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Autumn Express Thread

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1215556  by njtmnrrbuff

Better luck next time for those who couldn't book the trip. The advantage of the trip running both days is you can ride it on one day and chase and photograph it the next.

I hope that there are photo stops on the trip especially since the lighting at 30th St Sta is not the best.
 #1215596  by Jersey_Mike

People need to remember to check back within 24 hours of departure. Because of Amtrak's refund policy there is no cost to buying now and then canceling if you decide you can't make it. I have one friend who bought two tkts on the first train but is still on the fence about going on the trip.
 #1215705  by Sisko24

Yes. So let's hope those who decide not to use the tickets they bought do remember to cancel them before the excursion thereby opening spot(s) for those who would like to go but weren't able to purchase them today.
 #1223427  by ThirdRail7

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:I'm almost sure it will be P42s unless you already knew that and you're wondering if it will be heritage unit and I'm sure it will be the veterans unit and the heritage unit that has been floating around philly for awhile.
Nothing has been named yet but the Veteran Unit and Exhibit train is headed south for an excursion. It is possible since it would be back in time but it would be a real squeaker. It would be a kick to see P40s on this move.