Railroad Forums 

• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on CSX

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1291658  by ScotCP356

Mike Stellpflug wrote:Erie 1068 is leading ELUCXPO 93T out in IL.
I'm not familiar with the routing of that train - does it come thru Buffalo?
Mike,

All CSX oil trains expect the ones that goes to Yorktown, Virginia goes thru New York State. Due to that fact that it is a much safer route for these oil trains. So the oil trains that have the symbols CXY or CXP will 100% goes through Upstate New York. U-ELUCXPO 93T is Unit train from Eland ND, to Philadelphia PA via CSX. So this train will take the usual route from Chicago to Selkirk (via through Garret, Willard, Cleveland, Northeast, Buffalo, Rochester, Fonda, Amsterdam). Then it will head south on the River Line to NJ and then Philadelphia Pa. This train is 50/50 of returning north back to NY, most likely it will take Sand Patch and reconnect to the line to Chicago in Ohio.

-Scott
 #1291717  by Aji-tater

ScotCP356 wrote:All CSX oil trains expect the ones that goes to Yorktown, Virginia goes thru New York State.
"Class, for tonight's homework you are to look up the definitions of "expect" and "except". There will be a quiz tomorrow!" :wink:

(But we knew what you meant! :-D )
 #1291770  by ScotCP356

Aji-tater wrote:
ScotCP356 wrote:All CSX oil trains expect the ones that goes to Yorktown, Virginia goes thru New York State.
"Class, for tonight's homework you are to look up the definitions of "expect" and "except". There will be a quiz tomorrow!" :wink:

(But we knew what you meant! :-D )

*slap in the forehead* Oh stupid me! Thanks for correcting me! LOL!!

There is no new updates as of now, but I have a feeling that the U-ELUCXP0-93T with Erie heritage is in Chicago, waiting for a CSX crew to take it to Garret IN and points east.

-Scott
 #1292233  by ScotCP356

Erie heritage, NS 1068, passed Erie PA at 11:00 am leading CSX K042-08. Now the question that every railfaner and foamer would like to know...

Will the train be tied down for the rest of the day and night and continue tomorrow OR will it get a crew once at Buffalo and continue east to Selkirk in the evening/night time?

We shall find out later today!!

-Scott
 #1292435  by sd80mac

scottychaos wrote:Through Dunkirk at 12:30, on the way to Buffalo.

Scot
last I heard, it was tied down at Dunkirk yesterday evening.
 #1292439  by sd80mac

scottychaos wrote:The Erie heritage unit passed through Rochester, eastbound, no longer leading, after dark last night around 10pm.
Scot

RR GOD had done it again for ScotCP356.... :P
 #1292637  by Matt Langworthy

For those of you who are familiar with the movie Bronx Tale, I'm starting to wonder if poor Scot is our train "Mush". lol
 #1294621  by BR&P

Hey Scott, you should start writing letters and petitions to CSX for them to join the Heritage movement! Imagine a Baltimore & Ohio, or an Atlantic Coast Line, or a Chessie System. Heck, why stop there, let's try for Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Gulf Mobile & Ohio, Milwaukee Road......we could probably come up with another 20 or 30 candidates! :-D :wink:
 #1294623  by ScotCP356

BR&P wrote:Hey Scott, you should start writing letters and petitions to CSX for them to join the Heritage movement! Imagine a Baltimore & Ohio, or an Atlantic Coast Line, or a Chessie System. Heck, why stop there, let's try for Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Gulf Mobile & Ohio, Milwaukee Road......we could probably come up with another 20 or 30 candidates! :-D :wink:
Nah, I'm going keep on updating the UP, NS, & Amtrak heritages on the CSX that comes up towards Buffalo and east to Selkirk, Besides I like doing this! Why the hell do I want to write a letter and a petition to CSX? Lol.

-Scott
 #1294645  by Matt Langworthy

Andy Fletcher has already drawn 10-12 CSX heritage engines and submitted them to CSX. Despite his success in convincing NS to have a heritage program, I am not optimistic about CSX following suit.
 #1294713  by lvrr325

CSX's current paint scheme is basically 1964-1972 or so B&O/C&O/CNJ blue and yellow, just with yellow ends for greater visibility.

But I could see a purple ACL unit, a 2-tone green SAL unit, etc.