Railroad Forums 

• Delaware & Ulster Railroad (DURR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1521486  by oibu

That would be fantastic is 5019 could ever join 5017. Although if a new operator of the Adirondack branch came along and was able to purchase or work out a lease with 5019's owner, having two D&H rs36s running in 2 different places would be pretty awesome. Mostly 5019 just needs to have a chance to do something besides sit on a siding!
 #1521837  by thebigham

Lots of pics:

https://www.dailyfreeman.com/news/local ... QxmdoLUTDs

Delaware and Ulster Railroad works to expand to Highmount, provides more scenic, themed train rides
By Brian Hubert [email protected] @brianatfreeman on Twitter

ARKVILLE, N.Y. — As the Delaware and Ulster Railroad works on expanding its scenic train rides to the western end of Ulster County at Highmount, it continues offering a growing number of scenic and themed train rides on vintage equipment over more than 10 miles of track between Arkville and Roxbury in Delaware County.

Wes Coates, executive director of the non-profit Catskill Revitalization Corporation, said they're hoping to restore train service to Highmount, about eight miles east of Arkville, by summer 2021. The non-profit manages the railroad and a 26-mile rail trail known as the Catskill Scenic Trail, which traces the historic Ulster and Delaware corridor west of where the tracks end in Roxbury.
 #1521902  by airman00

I thought a few years back, the DURR had done some track work to get a single loco up to Highmount. Whatever became of that? It seems they replaced enough ties to run an engine up there, but it must’ve just been safety tying? I thought because of the work they did, the tracks might be in better shape? But regardless this is very good news! :-)
 #1522275  by BandA

This is a very nice article. I believe the DURR asked permission to do this several years ago and Ulster County refused, it's nice to see something more positive from the county and from that newspaper.