Railroad Forums 

• Railroad.net won't keep me logged in

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#872171  by Ron Newman

Since about a week ago, Railroad.net is ignoring my "Keep my logged in" checkbox and requiring me to log in again -- sometimes several times a day. How do I fix this?
 #872211  by Otto Vondrak

Happens to me sometimes too. Empty your browser's cache and then restart. Next time you log in, check the box, "Keep me logged in." That should do it!

-otto-
 #872465  by Ron Newman

I always check this box. It doesn't help. This problem only started happening a week ago, so I'd appreciate if someone could revert whatever change was made that caused this.
 #872816  by Otto Vondrak

Ron Newman wrote:I always check this box. It doesn't help. This problem only started happening a week ago, so I'd appreciate if someone could revert whatever change was made that caused this.
Did you also empty your browser's cache and then restart? Sometimes the browser works off an old setting, so clearing out your chase will help avoid this problem.

-otto-
 #874285  by Otto Vondrak

Ron Newman wrote:Yes, this has happened over several days and multiple restarts of my computer.
Ron, emptying your browser's memory cache is not the same as restarting your computer, which is why I asked specifically about emptying your cache. This deletes "cookies" (a little data file that helps web sites remember who you are) and will return your settings back to normal...

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

-otto-
 #875784  by Otto Vondrak

Ron Newman wrote:Deleting all railroad.net cookies seems to have fixed the problem. (I did not need to empty the cache.) Thanks.
Ron, I'm glad it worked! Often, cookies are indeed stored in the cache, but if you were able to delete your cookies without emptying your cache, all the better!

-otto-
 #879570  by Ron Newman

Well, that fix only lasted a few days. Now it's logging me out again at least once a day. Could you please restore the old settings, or make the login cookie last a year or two?
 #879635  by Otto Vondrak

Ron Newman wrote:Well, that fix only lasted a few days. Now it's logging me out again at least once a day. Could you please restore the old settings, or make the login cookie last a year or two?
You'll want to send a note to [email protected] or send a PM to Jeff Smith.