Railroad Forums 

• Old Penns Grove br photos 1974-1987

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#785980  by mitch kennedy

Here's some stuff I shot in the 80's-my Dad and I shot the 70's stuff. Hate to see this great forum so dead lately-Where are all the PRSL fans and employees???

GP40-2 leads 2 SD40-2's n/b at Bridgeport in Nov 87-note the geese!
brdgprt.jpg
GP38-2 leads 2 GP15's n/b betw. Bridgeport and Paulsboro June 87-check out the old PRR crossbucks still all over the place back then!
wy842.jpg
view northward towards the Paulsboro movable bridge -summer 1972 or 73...
pboro74.jpg
closeup of old PRSL Paulsbor frt. sta.
2007-2008 layover at Carney's Pt. crew office July 74 (power for WY842)
 #787363  by mitch kennedy

So am I!!! Can't post CR stuff even tho its still all PRSL-too much backstabbing and bickering (Marinoff vs Lee, the Mongo affair, etc) Caught up with some of the old guys like Acton etc and old Magnolia kids like myself.....I posted 5 shots of the old PRSL CM91 crew.. heard from Acton and brother Bernie and not much else...
 #788014  by SJRR

Thanks for posting the photos. I enjoyed looking at them. Any old railroad photos from southern NJ are appreciated, especially Conrail Era stuff. PRSL is way before my time though I also enjoy looking at those photos as well. Thanks again!
 #788544  by Steam man

I'm still here. Currently working on a little project Seashore Lines enthusiasts might like. More news later. :wink:
 #789427  by mitch kennedy

Thanks for the comments. Mr Avis-glad you're alive and well! Here are some more CR-era shots.......
WPCA 51 at Winslow Sept 87 at Winslow-note the Amtk on the connecting trk to the AC Main!
9620.jpg
CM91 hitting the Cape May br at Bairdmore Ave in Sept 78
bairdmore.jpg
Switching at 84 lumber at Jackson Rd-still has the Bishop home signals in place-March 1980. Ex Rdg SW1200, ex-EL caboose. Note the OCF plant still an active CR customer . At the left of the unit is the old stone pier for the original death-trap Jackson Rd overpass-with the 90-degree bend at each end! SCAAAAARY!
jacksonrd.jpg