Railroad Forums 

• CALIFORNIA HERE THEY COME...

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#710658  by Otto Vondrak

Reluctantly, we give Mike Roque and Jessica Stallone the highball westbound as they prepare to move to Sacramento, California to enjoy some well-deserved sunshine and warm weather. Originaly from the New York metro area (Mike from Mount Vernon, Jessy from Yonkers), they transferred to Rochester Institute of Technology from SUNY Delhi in 2001. Both hold masters degrees in Information Technology.

Upon arrival at RIT in 2001, both Mike and Jessy became active members of the RIT Model Railroad Club, serving as officers. Migrating over to Rochester Chapter NRHS was an easy choice. Both Mike and Jessy became active members of the Chapter, and volunteers at the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum. Mike was instrumental in forming the Operations Department at the museum, and Jessy could be found many weekends working with the Track Gang. All the while, both dedicated their talents to developing RAILROAD.NET.

Warmer weather calls from sunny northern California! Don't worry, this doesn't mean that Mike Roque is leaving RAILROAD.NET. We will continue to serve you in the future as we have in the past- providing the best FREE community for railroad enthusiasts on the Internet! Mike and Jessy make their way west on August 31, so they may need some time to settle into their new digs before responding to your inquiry.

Leave your well wishes for Mike and Jessy below!
Attachments:
Mike_Jessy_Trolley.jpg
Mike_Jessy_Trolley.jpg (77.05 KiB) Viewed 17725 times
 #710738  by MEC407

Good luck and best wishes to both of you! :-D
 #710743  by jaymac

Congratulations!
High greens only and no bottom yellows!
 #710827  by pennsy

You will find California has lots of railfanning and trains to get involved with. Say Hello to # 3751 when you get a chance to see her, a really big 4-8-4 Northern.
 #711055  by Benjamin Maggi

I know you guys have been thinking about this for awhile. Good luck and much success to you both, and come Christmas if you want I will mail you some of our NY-snow that I am SURE you will miss! :wink:
 #711162  by Noel Weaver

Good luck to both of you. I have enjoyed my involvement on here for quite a few years and I am sure that we can count on good things in the future too.
Regards,
Noel Weaver
 #711174  by 3rdrail

Best of wishes to you both. Plenty of railway stuff not only in Sacramento but a few hours away in the Bay area. The State Museum there is fantastic ! See you at the annual show at the Scottish Rite Center !
 #711660  by StevieC48

Good luck to the both of you on your never ending journey in life and what it may bring for the both of you. Hope you will comeback to visit the esat (right) coast after a while. Godspeed the both of you. I am glad I met you both at teh RR.Net day at Seashore. Be safe. Stevie and family.
 #712606  by John_Perkowski

Mike and Jessy,

You will find California a treasure trove of railroad history. Whether it's Travel Town in Los Angeles, the California State Railroad Museum in Sacto, or the Feather River Railroad Museum in Portola, there is historic equipment to discover!

Additionally, you'll be in shouting range of the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City.

Much friendship and many happy hours exploration as you complete the move. If you're not already past North Platte NE, the tower over Bailey Yard is said to be a sight to behold.