Railroad Forums 

• Locked thread?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#603161  by CPSK

I am the starter of the thread "The Photos that nearly cost me $500" in the CSX forum.
I am annoyed that this thread has already been locked, although it's not even a week old!
I feel that locking the thread was wrong. Railfanning on RR property is a hot topic, and one that should be discussed. We all know why we are not supposed to do it, and most of us don't. But it makes an interesting and informative topic.

Is this not censorship? (I am referring to the locking of the thread)

cpsk
 #603175  by Otto Vondrak

CPSK wrote:I am the starter of the thread "The Photos that nearly cost me $500" in the CSX forum.
I am annoyed that this thread has already been locked... yadda, yadda, yadda.
Whoops! You probably meant to send this to me in a PM or email, and not post to the forum. Your story is no different that the others we have heard about similar situations. I locked the thread to keep it from getting out of hand (as they usually do) and turning into "fish stories," i.e., everyone chiming in with their story that's bigger and badder than yours.
Is this not censorship? (I am referring to the locking of the thread)
Nope. That's the beauty of a privately owned and operated website.

http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=5495

Feel free to contact me personally if you have any other questions.

-otto-