Railroad Forums 

• Layout Tours/Op Sessions in Rochester, NY

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#5826  by Mike Roque

Would anyone be interested in getting together to visit layouts and/or engage in serious operating sessions around the Rochester area? I know there are a number of round-robin groups in town, but there seems to be little inter-group communication.

I'm very interested in meeting other modelers and seeing what others are doing to build their layouts. I also enjoy realistic operation very much...

What do you think?

#5850  by Otto Vondrak

Layout tours are coming April 17th as part of the regional NMRA meet for the Lakeshore Division... as far as contacting other clubs and individuals, here is a good start... http://www.trainweb.org/rmr/contacts.html

-otto-