Railroad Forums 

• moderator logs

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#547739  by David Benton

How do these work ? It appears there have only been a handful of moderator actions since the new board started . yet i can see that several more have taken place .
 #547873  by UPRR engineer

I dont know dude, everything ive done has shown up in there.
 #547987  by GOLDEN-ARM

After you go into the Mod Control Panel, look at the tabs on the top. The one that says "Moderator Logs" shows all the actions, by all the mods...... :wink:
 #548288  by GOLDEN-ARM

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that after the Admins review the logs, they might occasionally delete them, to save space. Just a thought.
 #548317  by Ken V

hmmm... I dunno! When I look, I see a total of 20 logs and 6 of them are mine. I don't see anything logged by David Benton or GOLDEN-ARM, but I do see one for UPRR engineer. Unless all the mods see the same thing I do, there must be something filtering the list by user. But what/why is a mystery.
 #548350  by David Benton

i dont see any of yours , Ken . i can see one by UPRR , mine own , none from Golden Arm . Perhaps its pertains to posts you have actually read . but i read most of the posts in the via rail forum .
 #549130  by GOLDEN-ARM

Something to remember. If you haven't modified a post, there's not a log to see. For the Admins to keep an eye on who is making what mods, and for you to keep track of your own. When I make a modification, you'll see it........ :wink: Go into the Moderator Control Panel. Go to the 5th tab (moderator logs) You'll see everything that's been modded. The first tab is "Main page", and has only the most recent mods. I see two locks by me, and an addition to the Circ-7 list, when another member had info to add into a locked sticky. I can see all the other stuff too. You have to be in the correct tab, to see it. Regards
 #549214  by GOLDEN-ARM

I see Otto made a mod on June 21, looking at the first page. That page shows the last 5 modifications. Have you made a mod, since then, that you are not seeing? Hit up Mike or Otto, in a PM, and see what they say......

at 18:25 hours I locked a topic, and it showed right up. Maybe there hasn't been any mod traffic, until then?
 #549809  by Ken V

It seems obvious to me that we are not all seeing the same thing. Some say a picture is worth 1000 words so...

[img removed by moderator]

GA: I assume this is the right tab that you've been describing.
Last edited by Ken V on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #550149  by GOLDEN-ARM

Yes it is, but I would remove that page from your post. The Forum has a rule about sharing stuff that's not available to the entire forum....... :(

(Forum Rules, Item 1., section M: Do not disclose, either directly or indirectly, information that is not generally available to the public or is otherwise privileged or confidential. (2007-09-19) ) Just a thought.......... :wink:
 #550173  by Ken V

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Yes it is, but I would remove that page from your post. The Forum has a rule about sharing stuff that's not available to the entire forum....... :(
Thanks for the feedback. I'd thought about that, but I don't believe the image violates the spirit or intent of the rule. Whether it is against the rules or not, I'll let Otto or Mike decide. [Edit]: Otto has decided that the image was not for public viewing.

However, you did see what I mean that it's not the same information you see when you go into the moderator logs, right?
Last edited by Ken V on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #550174  by GOLDEN-ARM

That's the same one I see, along with the "last 5" mods page, that's all there really is. You can scroll through the pages, to see whats happening. I don't see stuff in a mod que, so I guess that function isn't active, i.e.: waiting for approval from Admin, before allowing mod to occur. Interesting stuff, in this new version. Ir's getting familiar, like the last one did...... Regards :-D