Railroad Forums 

• spambots

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#515897  by heyitsme23

Hi guys, new here, just looking around and came across these topics. I have been running phpbb forums for a while now and found that anti spam acp works very well (with phpbb2). I have not had a bot make it through in almost a year now. It has a nice captcha that works very well (I noticed that yours is very difficult for users to get past) options that every member has to enter certain info such as location or hobbies (spambots don't know this) and can email you every time someone attempts to create an account (not recommended if you have thousands trying though)

Also, the rss feed update is a good one, so that you don't have to rely on email to see whats happening. Just a suggestion.

here is an example of a spam free forum I manage