Railroad Forums 

• Got Avatars?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#498581  by Ken S.

Norfolk Southern GP40-2 3010 on the Morristown & Erie mainline.
 #499033  by Komachi

My avatar is of me hanging off the ladder of a 1939 vintage boxcar that is being donated to the Preston (Minnesota) Historical Society. The car currently sits in Calmar, Iowa, but will be moved to Preston as soon as the paperwork clears. It will be added to our historical interpretive center, with our 1902 vintage grain elevator as the centerpiece. The picture was taken this past November (2007) when I made an initial inspection of the car for the historical society (of which, I am the vice president).

For more on the future fate of the boxcar, a Milwaukee Road caboose and our grain elevator, you can read all about it in this thread...

http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47563

#504926  by SubaruWRX

My avatar I took last year it's a express Metro North train to GCT while I was waiting for a local to GCT.