Railroad Forums 

• Got Avatars?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#311093  by benltrain

I'd just like to have a little bit of discussion about avatars. If everyone would like to talk about their avatars, including things like where the pic was taken, or why you chose it, etc. Also interested in how y'all chose yours, and how often (if ever) you like to change it.

I'll begin by saying mine is SEPTA's outbound Great valley Flyer (R5 Express to Paoli then local to Thorndale) departing Malvern with SEPTA's 5 car push-pull set. I like to change every couple weeks, usually picking a thumb from my webshots, but this I uploaded through photoshack.

EDIT: My avatar has since changed
Last edited by benltrain on Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#311304  by scottychaos

I made mine from a photo of the Lehigh Valley's Black Diamond Express.
I colorized the B&W photo, here is the full-size colorized version:

I used to change my avatar a lot, but I really like this one, so I doubt I will change again for a long time..

Scot

#312548  by flynnt

I don't have an avatar(obvi) but it's a useful feature. Makes it easier to link up posts with the author as I'm reading without having to slow down the read the name.

Perhaps this [thread] will inspire me to use an avatar. I have a couple of artsy shots of my collection of bangles, maybe I will use something along those lines. Or maybe not. I don't know.

#312907  by GOLDEN-ARM

Bangles?

#314550  by Robert Paniagua

Mine varies, but the one I have now is an MBTA Type #1 Red Line Silverbird Car entering the last station, Braintree on Track 2, in June 1986, just before the rebuild program for the 015/1600s.

#316459  by CSS&SB702

How do I go about getting an avatar? What are the size restrictions?

#316675  by scottychaos

I wouldnt mind a collection of Bangles.

The bangles avatar, feel free to use it! :wink:

Scot

#323365  by benltrain

Now I'm trying to have mine make a statement... not really sure what though... doesn't make too much sense... ACL conductors are actually very nice, let me nearly dissect the trailing Comet IV cab!

But a message for all you mean conductors out there. What do you mean I risk getting hurt if I stand in the aisles?

#332578  by benltrain

I like my new one, I just played around with shutter speed at Bryn Mawr and got a pretty cool looking pic, especially the way the color in the tracks is brought out for it being as dark out as it was.

#496908  by l008com

http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=10133-1

Perhaps the coolest lego train set ever. They really started making them realistic. Unfortunately, it didn't last long. They came out with a really cool TTX doublestack set ( a shared bogey pair of cars ) and then the trains started dying out. Allegedly, lego will have all new train stuff in 2009.... but it will all be battery powered. Thank god for ebay.

#498193  by Grump

A true reproduction of an onboard NJT destination sign. Any regular rider would agree....

#498272  by Hebrewman9

First NJCL afternoon express to South Amboy, local to Bay Head leaving it's second stop at Aberdeen-Matawan.

#498445  by Raritan Express

A weekend NJT RVL local to Raritan arriving at Westfield.

#498516  by GOLDEN-ARM

My avatar is always "self explanatory", with the location, and date being included right under the avatar. Just a little somethin' for the Valley fans out there..... :wink: