opps Greenwich, CT

Metro-North/Amtrak

*edit*

the 4:52 train headed to Grand central Terminal

#396372  by SubaruWRX

stevo wrote:i was at talmadge hill like two weeks ago:

northbound

southbound
Wow is that the bridge that it crosses over on the parkway? I've always wanted to know what stop that was.

yep just looked on google maps lol I remember the first time two years ago seeing a train the first time crossing over on the parkway I always thought it was a roadway.

Also speaking of that seems like the bridge is chipping might be old age.

#396641  by stevo

yup, that's the bridge, right next to exit 36. you get off at exit 36 heading south, and then take the first left. that's the station. the merrit/7 station on the danbury branch can be accessed by getting off at exit 40 (i think exit 40 is actually 40A and 40B, can't remember which one you get off) heading north. take the first left after the highway and use that parking lot, cause the station doesn't have it's own parking lot. then just walk to the station, it's not very far.

#396654  by SubaruWRX

#396723  by stevo

you're welcome. i know the waterbury branch is under the bridge that goes over the river, not sure what river though, i think the housatonic. no stations i know about there, never seen a train there, but i know it's the waterbury branch. the new haven station can be accessed by the last exit before the tunnel under west rock. i don't remember the exit number or further directions though. but you probably know how to get to new haven :P

#396735  by SubaruWRX

I know what bridge your talking about too bad I've never crossed it only bridge I know of like that in CT.

#396777  by stevo

you live in greenwich but you've never crossed the housatonic??? how does that work? have you NEVER been to new haven?

#396787  by SubaruWRX

lol sorry I said that wrong.. I meant the bridge that the train crosses lol I've crossed over the Housatonic many of times by car.

#415544  by Murjax

Right now I live in a part of Jacksonville that's about 20 miles away from the only station in the city but I am moving to a part of St. Augustine,FL that's only about half a mile from the Florida East Coast Railway line. :-D

#415701  by stevo

when new hampshire gets commuter rail, it will go by the end of my street. right now it's a few freights a week.

#519601  by SRC90

NS is about 1 1/2 miles from my house.

#520262  by drumz0rz

the LIRR passes behind my property, about 300ft from my house.

#521384  by stevo

oh that's awesome! when i go to my grandparent's house on long island, the railroad is close, but not that close!

#521874  by drumz0rz

Yeah, there's a berm so In the summer I can't really see the trains unless I walk out there. It's a good distance, there are some houses that are within 100 ft of the tracks. It's like an earthquake when it goes by.