Railroad Forums 

• unregistering

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#380934  by r.t.

How do I unregister ?

#380997  by GOLDEN-ARM

Why would you want to do that? :(

#381020  by r.t.

Been trying for two years to get on with the railroad..think its not going to happen. I am going to try sometying else. Gonna try to keep from thinking about so am going to take everything about the railroad off the computer.Still would like to do that kind of work but i gotta get realistic about things, dont think its gonna happen.

#381063  by pennsy

Hi RT,

I assume that you have this website bookmarked, and it is up to you to click on it. Next, if you have asked to be notified of responses to a specific topic, eventually that will run out. Or in short, within a short time period, unless you want to, you will not receive any e-mail from this website and you will effectively be "unsubscribed".

Nowthen, to the crux of the problem. Apparently you have been trying to get employment on a RR to no avail. I suggest to contact some of the people that have discussed this same problem on some threads on this website, and others and find out where you are falling short and what you need to do to rectify this problem.

#381093  by r.t.

Thank you Pennsy

#381372  by GOLDEN-ARM

To get "realistic", as you put it, if you really want to be a railroader, and it's been on your mind, and in your blood, how will deleting this account, make you forget? You didn't make it yet? Sounds like you need to try harder, and keep on trying. Change your goals, on railroad, location or position applied for. You have to be able to adapt, and persevere, to make it on the road. Didn't get hired yet? You didn't try hard enough. I've listed jobs in the employment section, where the only pre-requisite to being hired, is to have a pulse. Might not be "the big time", but a foot in the door, and ANY experience gained from a job, can only help you, when you go for the second job. How deleting something from a computer, will make you forget it, is beyond me............. :wink:

#381984  by Otto Vondrak

To "unregister" for this site, simply stop participating. You only need to be logged in to make posts and interact with other members. Your participation is strictly voluntary, and we thank you for choosing our site.

-otto-

#385498  by gprimr1

Def. check out the employment section, I study it frequently for things to avoid if I apply for Amtrak and I definitely understand how you feel, I've been trying for 3 months to get a job period with no luck, so my best advice is check out the employment section.

I don't know how this site is set up, but it may have an automatic script that removes inactive accounts after a certain time.