Railroad Forums 

• BNS Brookfield Sub question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#24681  by Rockingham Racer

What runs on this sub besides the Amtrak trains to Quincy? Train symbols would be helpful, as I'm working on a simulation of the Galesburg area.

Another question: What runs on the Peoria sub these days?

Thanks!

#27313  by Engineer Spike

When I worked there, there were several M series trains. One went to St. Louis, Tulsa, KC, and I think Memphis. One of htem ran throuhg Galesburg to Northtown. While I was there, the company got into a pissing match with the K Line crews (W. Quincy-Burlington) about marking off and not being available. Many of the south bound coal trains were rerouted via Galesburg.
Once because of a flood on the SF, the line was used as a bypass.

#38257  by AmtrakFan

SP used this line at one time in the early 90's until the Merger of BN and SF.

AmtrakFan :wink: :wink: