Railroad Forums 

• anyone plan to ride trains during break?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#362497  by alex45

Anyone goin anywhere on a train during their February break? I went on the Acela express to New York City yesterday. Train today is at 4pm. Then on Saturday, goin to Boston on the Acela, and a Regional train comin home. What about u guys?

#362611  by stevo

well...as soon as the MBTA comes to nashua i can...otherwise i have to drive 40 minutes to lowell and i can't drive yet.

#367541  by alex45

During my break, I rode trains 3 times. On the 17th, I rode the Acela, and a regional (return trip), on the 20th, I took a Commuter Rail to Mansfield. And on the Friday, I took a Regional to Boston and a Commuter Rail for the ride home. First time in a while Ive ridden 3 trains in less then a week.

#367553  by stevo

if it doesn't snow, i'm going to NY tomorrow and my dad and i will probably take a few trips on the LIRR.

#367577  by alex45

stevo wrote:if it doesn't snow, i'm going to NY tomorrow and my dad and i will probably take a few trips on the LIRR.
It shouldnt be snowing tomarorw. I checked the weather forecast

#367612  by stevo

it's not just tomorrow, i've got to come back too.

#368437  by alex45

Any luck at all today goin on a train?

#369194  by stevo

mineola-oyster bay and back. not a long ride, but i noticed a few interesting things. i found friends of 35's newly restored caboose in oyster bay, sometime i'm going to plan a longer stay at that end of the route and check out what else they've got there. i also noticed the sign on locust tower has a keystone. i'll post a picture when i've got it.

#369211  by alex45

Thats cool

#369334  by stevo

yup, basically. i forgot to mention it is on the LIRR.

#369391  by njtmnrrbuff

I will probably ride the upgraded Keystone corridor to Harrisburg. I will probably go somewhere on NJT as well.

#369421  by stevo

i wanna ride amtrak...

#370674  by alex45

stevo wrote:i wanna ride amtrak...
Ill be riding amtrak Saturday. Dunno what type of service yet. I know coming home I will travel Regional Service. Im tryin to decide if I wanna travel Acela for the ride up

#370716  by Guilford Guy

ill c u there!

#370747  by stevo

i can't go saturday or else i'd see you guys there too.