Railroad Forums 

• Do you ever ride trains?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#337754  by stevo

behind the control?? explain please!

#339801  by ridintherails

yah, i know alot of people that work for the railroad; mbta mostly, and they know trains are all I want to do for the rest of my life. There "helping me out i guess you could say".

#340125  by stevo

wait...so last time i rode an MBTA train you could have been running it?

#340146  by Guilford Guy

I guess so Stevo
R the R, IM me
anyways yea I'm getting a MBTA cab ride on Saturday :-D
your not the only one with connections to the T :wink:

#340151  by stevo

man, i wish i had connections like that.

i tried getting a job shadow on the green line or commuter rail, but neither of them ever emailed me back.

#340827  by ridintherails

Mybe I have given u a ride once or twice =p... it depens on what line u ride on, im usually on franklin. Usually the MBTA doesn't give out job shadows to the general public. But if they were to, you have to be at least 18 years of age.

Or you could cheat your way around it and hook up with someone you know... thats how i satrted hahah

#341363  by stevo

my bro got a job shadow on the green line when he was my age, and that was before either of us knew anyone who worked for it.

#341366  by ridintherails

How long ago was it? If it was just recently then I would be surprized. The mbta is laying off having people in there restricted areas do to terrorist ops. So id be surprized to see any unemployed persons in any of their tunnels.

#346557  by alex45

I just rode the Acela Express to Boston last Saturday. Sometimes I do get cab rides in the Acela since my uncle works for Amtrak. He does the Acela Express and the regionals.

#347511  by stevo

wow...lucky. i want to get a cab ride on amtrak!! i still haven't even ridden the acela yet either...

#349381  by alex45

The acela is a fun train to ride. But sometimes it can be pricy.

#349485  by stevo

only sometimes?

#349549  by alex45

stevo wrote:only sometimes?
I know why your saying that. Its because U dont live on the Acela line. Am I right? A lot of people do take the Acela from Providence to Boston a lot for commuting to work. Also if ur just a rich person. Like for me, I would only ride the acela like once a month or every other month cause I do have to save up my money so I can ride it.

#350209  by stevo

yeah, i don't live on the acela line. but why would they take the acela between providence and boston when there's the T and the regionals which are both cheaper for such a relatively short distance?

#355710  by alex45

stevo wrote:yeah, i don't live on the acela line. but why would they take the acela between providence and boston when there's the T and the regionals which are both cheaper for such a relatively short distance?
Somtimes it has to deal with time. What I mean by that is, A few weeks ago i wanted to meet a friend at south station. He lives on the Franklin Line, and I live on the Providence Line. His options for arriving into south station was at 11:38 or 1:38. For me, it was 11:30, 12:30, or 1:55. If I didnt take the Acela, one of us would be waiting for over an hour for one of us to come in. So sometimes the acela can be helpful. So thats why sometimes I ride it. But yes, if there is a regional or a mbta train not that far away from an acela, ill take that. And it is true that not a lot of people use the acela just to commute to boston. It only gets u there 10 mins earlier then a regional. And like a 1/2 earlier then a mbta. Not that much of a difference