Railroad Forums 

• Why only 5 emoticons? Where are the rest?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#333040  by danib62

Although I find them quite annoying a lot of the time, why does railroad.net let you only choose from 5 emoticons? I've seen other forums that give you much more selection. Are there perhaps some psychological scars that some of the admins have that only allow them to express 5 emotions? :wink:

#333071  by Otto Vondrak

If you can't express yourself in plain english, then emoticons aren't going to help you, either. Emoticons are shortcuts to true conversation. This forum isn't meant to be a collection of hopping, skipping, bouncing, smiling, jabbing cartoons.

Smiles, frowns, and winks seem to be the least intrusive of the emoticons, therefore they remain in the library. Don't look for any others to be restored anytime soon.

-otto-

#333085  by powerpro69

Yep, scarred indeed :-D :-) :( :P :wink:

#347676  by RearOfSignal

Otto: sorry I did miss that somehow! :(

I agree that dancing bananas can be an annoyance, what about just adding a few more of the different smiley faces? I don't think that any of them are animated, plus they're not very large. They're on the server, so you wouldn't have to worry about linking to any outside icons.

Sometimes, someone might say something sarcastically or a joke, but some of us might not get it or misunderstand the meaning, the appropriate smiley face might help someone get the idea, without it having to be explained out. There's nothing worse than having to explain a joke, or help someone out to figure a certain remark they might not understand. We don't have an angry face, a confused face, or a cool sunglasses face, or maybe even a smiley face with an engineers hat? :P

Any thoughts?