Railroad Forums 

• Post editing

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#324010  by Ken V

pablo wrote:Nope. No change. I edited it above. It's a code thing in the new post.

Dave Becker
Dave, I can't be sure but I think you edited a different post than the one ExEMD... quoted.

To put this to rest, I will quote my own post three times with a change to the following word, PINK, and you should see each quote as it was before the edit. The first quote will be the original.

Here goes.
Last edited by Ken V on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

#324012  by Ken V

Ken V wrote:
pablo wrote:Nope. No change. I edited it above. It's a code thing in the new post.

Dave Becker
Dave, I can't be sure but I think you edited a different post than the one ExEMD... quoted.

To put this to rest, I will quote my own post three times with a change to the following word, RED, and you should see each quote as it was before the edit. The first quote will be the original.

Here goes.
Is it still RED?

#324013  by Ken V

Ken V wrote:

Dave Becker

To put this to rest, I will quote my own post three times with a change to the following word, BLUE, and you should see each quote as it was before the edit. The first quote will be the original.

Here goes.
and now BLUE?

#324014  by Ken V

Ken V wrote:

Dave Becker

To put this to rest, I will quote my own post three times with a change to the following word, YELLOW, and you should see each quote as it was before the edit. The first quote will be the original.

Here goes.
and now YELLOW?

#324021  by Ken V

As you can see, the only post with a note saying it was edited is the first in my sequence and all the quoted ones are different. And none are the same as it stands now. Since I don't moderate this forum, there's no way I can control that.

Happy Thanksgiving

#324025  by Ken V

Ken V wrote:

Dave Becker

To put this to rest, I will quote my own post three times with a change to the following word, PINK, and you should see each quote as it was before the edit. The first quote will be the original.

Here goes.
Does this demonstrate how quoting works well enough? (and, no, I'm not color blind ;))

#325464  by ExEMDLOCOTester

In other discussions, edited posts contain this message (I copied my own to protect the innocent....):

"Last edited by ExEMDLOCOTester on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total"

Why is this message not displayed in all the edited posts in this thread???

#327185  by Ken V

There is no time delay for edit notices to be displayed. These happen automatically under certain circumstances:
  1. The post is actually changed. The posts I made above that don't have such a note were never edited. They only quote the one post that was edited - at different stages.
  2. It is not the most recent (i.e. last) post. As long as no new messages are posted, the last post can be changed several times without the notice being added.
  3. The edit is made by the original poster and not by a moderator of that specific forum
Now that this post exists, if John Perkowski modified his post above, an edit notice would show up there.