Railroad Forums 

• Future Railroad Employees

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#286891  by Engineer James

Trevor> Sorry to burst your bubble son, I am 17, and wanna work for CSX. However, most if not all of the ex-D&H equipment, except the Baldwin Sharks (Privately Owned), and a few PA's are either gone, or in a Booster capacity.... sorry.

#286924  by TAMR213

Engineer James wrote:Trevor> Sorry to burst your bubble son, I am 17, and wanna work for CSX. However, most if not all of the ex-D&H equipment, except the Baldwin Sharks (Privately Owned), and a few PA's are either gone, or in a Booster capacity.... sorry.
Read his post again and think about what he said before you make assinine posts.

#286940  by stevo

AmtrakPhill629 wrote:future LIRR engineer
good choice. the lirr is awesome!

#286954  by trevor macpherson

Actually they're are 7312 and 7307 I think for GP-38's or GP-38-2's. Ive got many pictures of 7312.

#306032  by The RailMan

Yesterday I got an email from Metro-North offering me the chance to take the test for Assistant Conductor. :P :wink:
I've been submitting applications and resumes since I turned 18 over 3 years ago

#318262  by toberborgan

c
Last edited by toberborgan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#318810  by ENR3870

toberborgan wrote:I'd like to apply for brake operator in a couple years ago, and then hopefully work my way up to conducter or engineer. Depends whether or not I take the turn to add to my art portfolio or establish a career in locomotives
Most railroads hire you as a conductor. The days of starting as a brakeman and working your way up is gone, except for some railroads.

#319188  by stevo

what does a brakeman even do now?

#319352  by Chris_S68

stevo wrote:what does a brakeman even do now?
The brakeman assists the conductor on the ground. Particularly helpful in switching.
As evidenced by increasing dwell times, remotes are no replacement for a three man crew.

Chris

#325101  by The RailMan

I took the assistant conductors test and passed! They told us it'd take 3 weeks to hear back, I heard back in 2 days! Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them again

#329057  by ridintherails

since i was 4 years old ive wanted to be an engineer for the mbta in boston!!!!

#329186  by stevo

that's EXACTLY what i want to do! only i'd want to drive the subways, not the commuter rail.

#346568  by alex45

Im gonna be an enginner for Amtrak. Plan to drive the Acela Express since I already have a family member involved with the same job

#371567  by alex45

I have a long way to go but here is my order of jobs, Conductor for Amtrak Regionals, then switch to conductor for Acela, then go onto engineer.

#371726  by stevo

not sure what railroad, but definitely engineer.