Railroad Forums 

• Favorite Railroads & Locomotives

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#217859  by silverliner266

1.The East Broad Top, Septa (not the way its run), Amtrak, New hope and Ivyland

2.ANYTHING Steam, The accela train sets, RS3s.

#236365  by LIRRMEDFORD

My favorite rail is the Long Island RailRoad by far and of course my favorite is the M-3

#240471  by justinking

Favorite railroad of all Time: Western Maryland, favorite power was BL2 #82 (The first model I ever got), one of my youngest memories was seeing the unit at the B&O museum in Baltimore. I also like any early WM diesel power.

As far as current roads, I really don't know which I like best, and I'm not to keen on super modern power, I like Gen 1 and some 2 stiff the best.

#254149  by QR National

1) Santa Fe
1) Southern Pacific
1) St Louis South Western
2) Conrail
3) Union Pacific (post 2000)
4) Norfolk Southern
5) Erie Lackamoney

Australia: (where im from)

1) Freight Australia
2) Australian Railroad Group
3) Queensland Rail
4) National Rail Corporation

#254151  by German Railways

Fallen Flags:

ATSF
SP
BN
B&O
ConRail

Contemporary:

BNSF
UP
CP Rail
NS

Local (from Europe):

German Railways
Austrian Federal Railways
SNCF (French State Railways), particularily their TGV highspeed trains

#254762  by stevo

LIRRMEDFORD wrote:My favorite rail is the Long Island RailRoad by far and of course my favorite is the M-3
oh yes, i love the lirr too...i got my first cab ride on the oyster bay line.
i like trolley lines too, sadly there aren't many left. my favorite ones would be the nashua street railway and the nashua-manchester street railway.

#258567  by AmtrakPhill629

I like Amtrak, LIRR, VRE. I like the DE/DM30AC's F40PH's AEM7's, P42's

#329645  by Conrail1990

1. Norfolk Southern
2. the fallen flag conrail
3. CSX
4. BNSF

My favorite locomotive would be
1.ES44DC
2.SD40-2
3. DASH 9

#329659  by stevo

stevo wrote:
LIRRMEDFORD wrote:My favorite rail is the Long Island RailRoad by far and of course my favorite is the M-3
oh yes, i love the lirr too...i got my first cab ride on the oyster bay line.
i like trolley lines too, sadly there aren't many left. my favorite ones would be the nashua street railway and the nashua-manchester street railway.
update!

railroads:
BNSF
UP
LIRR
Amtrak

trolley lines:
Nashua-Manchester Street Railway
Connecticut Company

locomotives:
AMD-103
basically the freight ones UP and BNSF have idk what they're called

#354805  by thomas81z

my favorite railroads are Boston & Maine , Nickle plate. My favorite locomotive is the 2-8-4 Nickle Plate berkshire. :P by this way this is thomas81z son, chris and im 12 yrs old... :P hello everybody

#357949  by 35dtmrs92

Personally, I think the Ferrovia dello Stato (FS) of Italy has some really neat equipment, like the E656 Caimano, and very reliable service for reasonable prices.
 #359976  by #7470

I'm more of a preservation RR enthusiest. My favorite RR is definately the Conway Scenic Railroad. My favorite locomotives are the CN 7470 steam locomotive, the 501 steamer, 573 GP-7, and the Alco S4 #1055, all from the Conway Scenic.

#384611  by alex45

Acela unit 2036, I have ridden that train many times with the unit pulling and 2017 behind. Ive also seen this acela train set almost everytime ive gone railfanning. :)