Railroad Forums 

• What is your favorite passenger railroad?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#172309  by Amtrak31

What is your favorite passenger railway and why?

Mine are Amtrak and Metra. I live very close to their tracks (about 10 minutes) and I see them very often.

#172472  by AznSumtinSumtin

King County Metro in Washington. They made a bus rapid transit system and they made it work well, unlike the MBTA. Yes, the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel is BRT even though most public officials probably say its just a tunnel reserved for busses. Yes it is closed for the next 2 years because it will be converted for to handle both LRV and BRT. No I don't know how LRV and BRT in the same tunnel will work unless the LRV vehicles got poles similar to those of trackless trolley buses.'

I like the King County Metro because they did what was stated above.

#172489  by sullivan1985

NJ Transit Rail Ops. and MTA Metro-North Railroad because well, they are local, and I see them on a regular basis. I also just landed a job with NJT, so that helps too.

#172508  by Amtrak31

sullivan1985 wrote:I also just landed a job with NJT, so that helps too.
Congratulations.

#180495  by CoastStarlight99

Amtrak (USA), and Trenitalia (Italy.

#180868  by Engineer James

Well, bud. No offence... but NOT AMTRAK! any other passenger roads, and i especially like the idea of independent Freight road passenger servoce again!

#182448  by VRELackie

VRE (Virginia Railway Express) well yeah i am pretty biased as i work hands on with their fleet for a living...

15 GP series EMD locmotives, some FP's and some F's and about 75 post WWII vintage Pullman Standard Gallery bi-level cars

Good times when things arent falling apart

#184947  by AmtrakPhill629

Amtrak and Long Island Railroad.

#186367  by Bay Head Local

NJ Transit and Metro-North ........mostly because of the diversity of equipment(I love the mixed trains of comet II,III,IV,and V's) and the way the systems are built(especially NJT)

#196783  by CNJGeep

NJT, hands down. I run for the rare stuff. SApeaking of which, I just added 5006 to my list of cabs seen. One more CometIII left. SQUEE!

#199312  by B&MYoshi

MBTA all the way.

And for something unique, IR, Indian Railways

IR, fast as fire, something I find difficult to say for Amtrak. 10 minutes late is unacceptable in India...and such a smooth ride.

#199426  by CN9634

VIA, because they rock :-D

#199449  by RearOfSignal

My favorite is the Metro-North RR, What other railroad has the combination of one of the busiest terminals in the world's greatest city, and some of the most scenic views. Plus, the unusuall cab signal system.

#199574  by njtmnrrbuff

If I could add one thing as all of us MN buffs know, the company is railfan friendly.