Railroad Forums 

• Acela II (Alstom Avelia Liberty): Design, Production, Delivery, Acceptance

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1552459  by Fan Railer

TheOneKEA wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 pm Where should I be checking regularly for info on the next appearance of the Acela II trainsets in Maryland? I’m interested in trying to get photos or video of line-speed passes on the NEC southwest of Baltimore.
The train went down to Ivy City the other night for maintenance; should be headed back up to Race Street within the next day or so.
 #1553271  by TheOneKEA

Fan Railer wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 am
More testing tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU6c9psnnIY
I'd love to know how much difficulty there was with immunizing the ex-PRR signalling and control systems to protect them from the emissions generated by these new trains. Watching them accelerate slowly to 90mph has me imagining how much EM/RF they could be emitting while doing so.
 #1553273  by David Benton

Maybe not so much a problem as of old, as they take 1000's of little "steps" , rather than big steps more slowly of the older machine. Plus they are tunable , hence them been set up to play music in some cases.