Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1551874  by MaineCoonCat

"fresh blood or capital"?? I think this project needs an injection of pentobarbital to put it out of it's misery.
 #1552204  by MaineCoonCat

July Debtor In Possession Report. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

#1552267  by BandA

$144/mo for google suites email/calendar? He's getting ripped off I think... G-Suite business is $12 per user, which implies 12 employees?

$44.99 for evoice (voice over internet). This implies phone service for three people as they charge $14 per line. My provider charges $4.25/mo unlimited inbound (+$3 for E-911 I think) + $0.01/min. I pay 85 cents a month for measured service.

Note no fee for internet service. Where is their office now? Note no rent payments, is this accumulating or have they moved out of the depot?
 #1552296  by MaineCoonCat

DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR BOSTON SURFACE RAILROAD COMPANY, INC. DATED SEPTEMBER 11, 2020. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

#1552297  by MaineCoonCat

Notice of Hearing. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

(176.19 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
 #1552299  by MaineCoonCat

PLAN OF REORGANIZATION FOR BOSTON SURFACE RAILROAD COMPANY, INC. DATED SEPTEMBER 11, 2020. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

(119.83 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
(119.46 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
 #1552304  by MaineCoonCat

Just my opinion on the "reorganization plan", I think Lurch of the Addams Family summed it up well: http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/groan.wav
 #1552367  by BandA

More information than we've gotten in the entire time. Says they own a locomotive, a jordan spreader, a plow, three caterpillar engines suitable for locomotives, another engine, 3 buses, 6 Dell servers of a model number that doesn't make sense, a network file server. How do you get 40-80K behind on your electric bill without getting cut off? 8-9K on your cell phone? 36K on the internet bill?

According to their plan, they expect to start running bus service in 2020 and train service in 2023. RIDOT is still fighting them over the Woonsocket lease, that has to be an awkward relationship. Full year ROW fees are listed as "985" (dollars? thousands? millions?) No mention of insurance. Figures for track improvements, signals, rolling stock, and structures!
 #1552391  by MaineCoonCat

BandA wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:07 am Full year ROW fees are listed as "985" (dollars? thousands? millions?)
Thousands.

Yeah, I kinda' had to hunt for that, too..
 #1552696  by MaineCoonCat

Hearing Cancellation. PDF attached. Clicking image does NOT open file. Use link at bottom to download.

(18.34 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
 #1552897  by BandA

I assume P&W told them to buy the plow & spreader if they want to run every day in the winter. How much snow removal equipment does the P&W have? Imagine instead of complaining about having to host passenger trains the freight railroads got to enjoy having someone else pay to keep the line open in winter.

Up until the COVID-19 pandemic passenger coaches were in short supply. If we recall, BSRR claimed to have some all lined up no problemo. Probably IP has some, also the RDC's in VT (But remember BSRR said they had no interest in DMU operation). Is Providence all full high? If not those midwest / california low platform center-entrance coaches seem plentiful. If they aren't starting until 2023 or 2024 the MBB's may be back from CT and available for another lease.

Locomotives - they only have one, supposedly fixed, apparently lost the second one they bid on. Presumably some plan to buy carcasses & implant new CAT prime movers they got cheap. Is that what is called a Genset?
 #1552923  by NHV 669

Not fixed at all, LMAO. It rusted in place for a bit at Cedar Hill Yard, they moved it from New Haven to Millbury, and apparently it still sits there six months later, rusting in place. No idea if it works, and the horn was stolen off of it back in March. They lost the second unit, since they had to money to pay for it with; that unit went to Mass Coastal.
 #1553017  by MaineCoonCat

Interesting.. A bit O.T. but appears Mr. Bono is taking an interest in the community. Pulling the BSRC out of bankruptcy is not his only interest.

On 9/16/2020 In an article entitled "City groups step up to fill need left by Adopt-A-Family", LAUREN CLEM Valley Breeze Staff Writer wrote:
City groups step up to fill need left by Adopt-A-Family
By LAUREN CLEM, Valley Breeze Staff Writer
WOONSOCKET – One week after the city’s long-running Adopt-A-Family organization announced they would not be able to run their program this year due to complications created by COVID-19, several local groups have stepped up to fill the need.

Woonsocket Tots, a new organization spearheaded by Bonnie Piekarski, Vincent Bono and Jeanne Michon, is accepting applications from families after forming last week. Families can find applications at www.woonsockettots.org and return them by email or during two registration days at the Boys & Girls Club on Oct. 3 and 10.

“There’s three ways people will be able to help. They can match with a family, they can donate a toy, and the third way of course is to donate money. We’ll turn that into gift cards, probably,” Bono said.

Bono said the three individuals connected shortly after Woonsocket Adopt-A-Family announced last Tuesday they would not be running their program in 2020. All three have close ties to the community – Piekarski as unit director of the Boys & Girls Club, Bono as founder of the Boston Surface Railroad Company and Michon as director of New Beginnings soup kitchen – and were concerned that families this year would not be able to celebrate Christmas.
Read more of this story at The Valley Breeze's web site
 #1554127  by Ridgefielder

BandA wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:16 pm Is Providence all full high? If not those midwest / california low platform center-entrance coaches seem plentiful. If they aren't starting until 2023 or 2024 the MBB's may be back from CT and available for another lease.
Yes, Providence is all full-high. Has been ever since service moved out of the old Union Station into the current structure back in 1986.

Providence also only has 4 tracks serving two island platforms, with one non-platform freight bypass track over against the wall. So far as I know the platform tracks are in pretty much constant use for MBTA and Amtrak. It's been a loooong time since I was in there (all my recent RI trips have involved de-training in Kingston) so I can't say off the bat whether there's room for a platform on that track. But I can't think Amtrak and/or MBTA is going to willingly surrender capacity for this outfit if and when it actually turns a wheel.