Railroad Forums 

• B&M MBTA RDC at Palmer?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#232734  by GP40MC1118

The 6152 has a long strange story to tell. It was sold by the MBTA back in 1990 and sent to the PA/DE area for storage. Passed to another private
owner. Ended up back in Massachusetts at Palmer, where it was supposed to become some sort of State owned/sponsored Operation Lifesaver train.

This fell through and it is now owned by the CERM in Willimantic. Why the
NECR and CERM can't get it moved to Willimantic is unknown except for
the usual mechanical issues.

Dave

#232793  by Rockingham Racer

A little history on that car. It was involved in a wreck in Methuen while returning to Boston from Rockingham Park one summer. Apparently, someone threw a switch in Methuen, sending the train [with this car leading] into a parked freight car on the siding just north of the old station.
 #233856  by GP40MC1118

I stand corrected on the 6152. On one of the Yahoo lists, a guy who was associated with Mass Op Lifesaver and worked on the car states the plan
fell through when its "owner" left the Mass Central. Another post to the
list from a member of the CERM, states they don't own it. No record of
ownership (but this was a year or two ago).

Dave
 #364912  by BrianS

Its still there, waiting for anyone to take it. From what I heard its free.Any takers?

Brian :-D
 #1548127  by Pat Fahey

Hi
Here is a photo I pulled off the internet, the photo was taken by Dan Shea, the location was Water St, in Palmer, Mass. The unit is ex MBTA # 6152 as stated from the above posts.
Ex MBTA RDC 6152 at Palmer MA The GreatRails North American Railroad Photo Archive - Copy (4).jpg
Ex MBTA RDC 6152 at Palmer MA The GreatRails North American Railroad Photo Archive - Copy (4).jpg (98.69 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
[attachment=0]Ex MBTA RDC 6152 at Palmer MA
 #1548134  by Cosmo

Any idea when that picture was taken?
 #1548148  by Cosmo

chrisf wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:49 am It was 2004. http://photos.greatrails.net/showpic/?2 ... 055885.jpg
There’s no evidence the RDC is still in that area on Google or Apple Maps.
Thanks! Yeah, I figured that was an older photo.
I seem to remember hearing something about it being moved or something, but I'm super-fuzzy on that.
 #1548154  by dcm74

Was eventually moved to Barre Plains on The MassCentral. There was hope of restoration, but it was found to be more suitable for use in razor blades.