Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1535774  by NH2060

If anyone wants to see what they'll look like in the new "CTrail" livery there's a drawing of a 2-car train led by a P40 in the banner/header photo on the CTRides Facebook page. Looks much superior to the "patch job" :wink:
 #1535831  by Backshophoss

More coaches=fewer cars on I-93. Just pray the P-40's don't blow up their turbos.
Surprised Micosoft is not screaming copyright infringement on the logo.
 #1544145  by ST Saint

NH2060 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:03 pm Has anyone heard anything on the rebuilt units? I would have thought at least 1 would be on its way to CT by now.
I keep checking on this periodically, but i still haven't seen any update. No news is good news I guess? Just getting kind of late from the initial target for return.
 #1550886  by njtmnrrbuff

I appreciate the brand new livery! I'm going to be up in Springfield, Mass between 9/5 and 9/12 and will be spending a lot of time railfanning along the Springfield Line. I hope to be able to get these units on camera.
 #1550887  by gregorygrice

njtmnrrbuff wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:30 am I appreciate the brand new livery! I'm going to be up in Springfield, Mass between 9/5 and 9/12 and will be spending a lot of time railfanning along the Springfield Line. I hope to be able to get these units on camera.
Those are both renderings. None of them have returned.
 #1551379  by daybeers

I like the paint! Are the engines getting replaced or just overhauled? The Genesis engines have always been slow, loud, and very dirty so I don't know how long these will last.
 #1551385  by njtmnrrbuff

The CDOT owned P40s are getting overhauled, although they have been around for over two decades but originally as Amtrak owned units. Yes, just like the other Genesis units, the P40s don't accelerate too well, even with a three or four car train. They are loud and we can hear them for a few miles.