Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1527833  by b&m 1566

On Black Friday, I overheard that Pan Am was contemplating selling off the "Sisters", initially I wasn't going to say anything till I had more to go on but after seeing this article about NS putting theirs on the auction block, I'm wondering if this is what I overheard. So is there some truth about Pan Am looking to sell their F units?
 #1538482  by MECFAN

It really only comes out for special events and usually makes pretty good track speed so keeping up with it is a challenge.
It sometimes lays over in Rigby, Boston North Station or east Deerfield.
 #1538686  by Dick H

In "normal" times the OCS might make a run to western MA to view the repaired Hossac Tunnel, once it reopens and the backlog of trains is taken care of. However, with this Coronavirus situation, I think the OCS will stay "at home" in the barn at Waterville until the all clear is given in New England.
 #1538827  by PBMcGinnis

Yes, the OCS is not going to be out running anytime soon as it is non-essential to the running of the railroad.
The Board of Directors will likely video conference come May when the Quarterly meeting is due to happen.
It also keeps the shop forces focused on higher priorities right now.