Railroad Forums 

• Grafton & Upton Railroad (G&U) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1541898  by b&m 1566

I'm not paying to get copies but would love to know what personal property was damaged. On the surface, it appears certain parties might have a little jealousy and resentment over the purchase of the Conway Scenic. Not sure why, wasn't it Mr. Priscoli who backed out of that purchase?
 #1541988  by BandA

Narrowgauger wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:17 am It says Nature of Suit 380 Torts - Personal Property - Other Personal Property Damage
Cause 28:1332 Diversity-Property Damage

For those interested here is the link.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/cas ... wirk_et_al

Ted
Starts at $50/month + $0.15/page to look at acrobats of public documents!!! Geez. You can do a free trial I guess.
 #1542087  by troffey

There is no cost to register and $0.10 a page on my end, with fees for the pages waived if you view less than $30 worth per quarter.

As far as the lawsuit itself, the major claim is that Swirk breached a fiduciary duty to G&U/their corporate umbrella. The complaint alleges that Swirk did all the legwork and preparation for the purchase as G&U's point person on the matter, with the original 2015 purchase falling through because of Conway Scenic's inability to address environmental remediation issues. The complaint further alleges that Swirk remained in contact with Conway Scenic on behalf of G&U until he learned the environmental issues were solved, then bought the railroad himself before telling the G&U corporate parent. Swirk has filed a counterclaim and the case currently remains unresolved in Massachusetts courts.
 #1542268  by b&m 1566

I gather Conway Rail LLC, was going to become the parent company of the Conway Scenic?
 #1542538  by craven

Was at Hopedale yard. Loaded ballast cars MBTX (300 & 304) staged. Rail crew laying ties at home whose driveway crosses the row on Green st.

A lot of activity by Depot St. Noticed that the refurbished Glass facility has freight doors on the rear but the rail has been removed.
 #1542590  by johnpbarlow

Also at around noon on Tuesday 5/12/20, a grader was scraping a base for laying the new G&U RoW alongside the the CSX Milford branch. And G&U has posted No Trespassing signs around the Milford work area. Lastly, the local was in Hopedale at noon shuffling inbound sheet rock centerbeams and pulling out empty fly ash covered hopper and centerbeam to take home to N Grafton.
Attachments:
G&U Switching Hopedale 051220 3 small.jpg
G&U Switching Hopedale 051220 3 small.jpg (207.1 KiB) Viewed 2442 times
 #1542764  by troffey

b&m 1566 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm I gather Conway Rail LLC, was going to become the parent company of the Conway Scenic?
Correct. According to court filings, Conway Rail, LLC was formed specifically for the purchase of Conway Scenic and be the operator on behalf of the parent company (who's name escapes me at the moment).
 #1542789  by NHN503

troffey wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:03 pm
b&m 1566 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm I gather Conway Rail LLC, was going to become the parent company of the Conway Scenic?
Correct. According to court filings, Conway Rail, LLC was formed specifically for the purchase of Conway Scenic and be the operator on behalf of the parent company (who's name escapes me at the moment).
Profile Mountain Holdings.
b&m 1566 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:40 am I'm not paying to get copies but would love to know what personal property was damaged. On the surface, it appears certain parties might have a little jealousy and resentment over the purchase of the Conway Scenic. Not sure why, wasn't it Mr. Priscoli who backed out of that purchase?
I believe Mr. Priscoli had to back out because his other two investors backed out when the HazMat issue started to delay the sale.
 #1542954  by b&m 1566

Profile Mountain Holdings Corporation (PMHC), was started by Mr & Mrs Swirk and a gentlemen by the name of William Sullivan Jr. I've been told Mr. Sullivan Jr., is the owner of Sullivan Metals, not sure how involved he is with the Conway Scenic. I don't believe Mr. Priscoli and the other investors have anything to do with PMHC, since I believe the formation came after their failed attempt at purchasing the CSRX.
By the way, does anyone know what the hazmat issue was? Does the public have the right to know what it was and where?
Last edited by b&m 1566 on Sat May 16, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1543005  by b&m 1566

That was nothing more than rumors started by a "railfan" who sent letters to the towns of Conway & Bartlett and letters to the editor, to warn both towns and area residents, what they thought Mr. Priscoli's intentions really were. I don't know who that person was, but I'm willing to bet it was not a railfan but rather someone who is angry with what has become of the Grafton & Upton Railroad.
 #1543367  by NHN503

b&m 1566 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:49 am Profile Mountain Holdings Corporation (PMHC), was started by Mr & Mrs Swirk and a gentlemen by the name of William Sullivan Jr. I... I don't believe Mr. Priscoli and the other investors have anything to do with PMHC, since I believe the formation came after their failed attempt at purchasing the CSRX.
That is correct.
b&m 1566 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:49 am By the way, does anyone know what the hazmat issue was? Does the public have the right to know what it was and where?
Fuel/Oil spill/storage in NoCo yard.
 #1543779  by craven

The rail has been laid and ballast dropped from the bridge to green st.. From rt 140 west to green street requires an additional 150 yards of rail and ties to complete this section.

from rt 140 east, rail has been laid about half way to south main st, another 100yards required to complete this link.

A lot of ties laid in Milford csx connection looks like a switch is being installed before s cedar st. with another on the franklin cxs line. this should keep the train set from having to cross depot st on each move.
 #1543849  by b&m 1566

I know the G&U, used to have two tracks rounding the curve between Vernon St and S. Cedar St. I suppose its possible, they will restore both or even add more tracks, if they can fit more. Although there's no sign of it right now, I would not be surprised if at some point in the future, they try to work out an easement to built track turning south after crossing Vernon St to form a wye. Obviously if and when that day comes, they will have to work around high tension wires.