Railroad Forums 

• Salamanca-Buffalo-1-22@ 8:15pm The Wall

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1531744  by SST

After many years of waiting, I finally catch the northbound run tonight. And a picture. My little voice said, "get to The Wall" ( Holiday Valley, Ellicottville). I get there at 8:10pm. 8:15 I see him coming and I grab the pic. The lead locomotive is just to the left of the chair. From my phone it doesn't look bad but when I get home and on the PC.....we'll see. Zooming in would have been terrible at night.

#1531823  by SST

Thanks.....its been such a challenge catching it go by, I think I'll still leave it on the bucket list just for the hell of it. :-D
 #1531869  by SST

Benjamin Maggi wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 am I can't see the train in the picture. I just see a ski-lift.
The lead locomotive is to the left of the chair. You can't actually see the train but you can see the lights on the locomotive.
 #1533812  by SST

At this point, the ROW is running North/South and parallel with RT219. The photo location is at the southern end of Holiday Valley Ski Resort. Look for the trail called The Wall and trace it to where you see the route number "219". You'll then see the row and that's where the locomotive was when I snapped the picture.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Holid ... 3967?hl=en