Railroad Forums 

• Current Roster including Leasers

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1511632  by nyandw

gregorygrice wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am
nyandw wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 am Might folks chime in on this roster with updates/corrections? http://www.trainsarefun.com/NYA/NYArost ... chemes.htm Thank you.
Remove the GP10s and all of the SWs except for 101.
Thank you. And dates on their sale/removal?
 #1511640  by gregorygrice

105/106= returned to LIRR in the Dashing Dan Scheme (hand painted by NYA MofE). 105 is active as a yard switcher at Morris Park repainted 2 times (basically ruined) by LIRR. 106 on the deadline. None of the 3 SWs have ASC.

All 4 MP15ACs= are owned by NYAR, 159 has been rebuilt by Altoona (see specific thread for more info), 155 is still altoona being rebuilt. Others to follow when that returns.

GP10s= Both scrapped iirc

261= Green with white stripe
The other three have the "modern" NYA scheme.

9321= Sitting on the old Heritage Paper Industrial Track (basically scrap)

9373= Returned to L&N?

300/301= Progress Rail PR20B

That's everything based on your listed, minus the leasers.
 #1511728  by Teutobergerwald

Obviously the NYA could've made much better use of the SW-1001s than the LIRR. If NYA had been able to hold on to them, they could've been run through Altoona for rebuilding, like the MP-15ac's, after they're done. Weren't some of the GP38-2's sent out for rebuilding, or re-gearing, to the P&W, sometime in the past ten or so years? Thanks.
 #1511732  by nyandw

nyandw wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:01 pm
gregorygrice wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am
nyandw wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 am Might folks chime in on this roster with updates/corrections? http://www.trainsarefun.com/NYA/NYArost ... chemes.htm Thank you.
Remove the GP10s and all of the SWs except for 101.
Thank you. And dates on their sale/removal?
Thank you Greg! Working on it!
 #1511739  by gregorygrice

Teutobergerwald wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:02 pm Obviously the NYA could've made much better use of the SW-1001s than the LIRR. If NYA had been able to hold on to them, they could've been run through Altoona for rebuilding, like the MP-15ac's, after they're done. Weren't some of the GP38-2's sent out for rebuilding, or re-gearing, to the P&W, sometime in the past ten or so years? Thanks.
The SWs were returned as part of the locomotive replacement program, so they had no choice. The geeps were never rebuilt, they were just simply regeared by P&W. All will be replaced in a few years with clean energy locomotives once that order is placed. Same goes for LIRR's MP15ACs.
 #1531349  by tj48

Watched a NY&A Freight today heading west out of Deer Park powered by 2 GP38-2's and it occured to me that most of the trains i've seen lately have been powered by GP38-2's or MP15ac's. I haven't seen 300/301 in quite awhile. Have I just been missing them or are they used for specific jobs?
 #1531369  by gregorygrice

tj48 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 pm Watched a NY&A Freight today heading west out of Deer Park powered by 2 GP38-2's and it occured to me that most of the trains i've seen lately have been powered by GP38-2's or MP15ac's. I haven't seen 300/301 in quite awhile. Have I just been missing them or are they used for specific jobs?
They are both in for work at this time.
 #1551276  by AlKaLI

I know this post may fit better in CSXT Fresh Pond - Oak Point but it raises a question. This morning at 6:45 AM, as my LIRR train went under the NY Connecting bridge, loaded CDEX cars were being moved into place outbound to CSX. Even saw the power which was: 3 blue GP38-2's ! Looked liked two GATX and definitely 1 CITX. Thought the CITX unit was to be returned off lease? Greg any answers?