Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#1530323  by ExCon90

True--but what's the minimum time on US 101? (And is there a lull anymore between the AM and PM rush hours?) I've seen commuters dozing on Metrolink who couldn't be doing that on the freeway. And I think there are plenty of outlets for laptops on Metrolink. I remember seeing, back when the Ventura County service was near to opening, a full-page ad from a developer of townhouses in Moorpark touting that by the time the buildings were finished there would be train service to LA within walking distance of the property.
 #1530428  by lensovet

My reply was mainly to Tadman about the low passenger counts. I don't think the driving time is relevant — the point is that not many people live in Oxnard to commute to downtown LA.