Railroad Forums 

• Turkeys on Ramsey platform

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#603882  by Chessie GM50

I just wish that one of them fell off of the platform... mmmm, fresh turkey.
Chessie GM50 wrote:At least they can stand behind the yellow line (for the most part)
/\/\/\/\
Why did I say that a year ago? Clearly in this economy, the turkeys falling off of the platform, and getting hit by something, could provide free food for the masses, and jobs could be created repairing/cleaning the track... I know the solution!!!
 #1231701  by pumpers

Time to give this thread a bump. Can't believe it was 7 years ago - I was thinking 3 or 4 years maybe.
I can't find any links to the video of the birds on the platform (trying to get on the train!) that still work . Does anybody have a good link?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Jim S
 #1231726  by TAMR213

pumpers wrote:Time to give this thread a bump. Can't believe it was 7 years ago - I was thinking 3 or 4 years maybe.
I can't find any links to the video of the birds on the platform (trying to get on the train!) that still work . Does anybody have a good link?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Jim S
I've been unsuccessfully looking for a link to the video as well. Used to send it to people as part of wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving, but I guess that won't be happening anymore.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 #1231746  by Tadman

Rumor has it the turkeys were behind the throttle of a certain string of MU's involved in a mysterious sideswipe incident that was neither reported or investigated about five years ago.
 #1231748  by ACeInTheHole

Tadman wrote:Rumor has it the turkeys were behind the throttle of a certain string of MU's involved in a mysterious sideswipe incident that was neither reported or investigated about five years ago.
Hook, line and sinker. Knew this was gonna get tied to the nonsense thread eventually.
 #1231844  by 25Hz

5000 pigeons pooping all over stations every day, no one bats an eye.... a few turkeys show up and everyone loses their mind... ;)
 #1231925  by BigDell

5000 pigeons pooping all over stations every day, no one bats an eye.... a few turkeys show up and everyone loses their mind...
If there was a "Like" button, I'd have pressed it just now.
 #1232434  by MBTA1016

25Hz wrote:5000 pigeons pooping all over stations every day, no one bats an eye.... a few turkeys show up and everyone loses their mind... ;)
That's normal for pigeons to crap everywhere. Turkeys on a station a station platform isn't exactly a normal thing lol. Free food if u can catch em lol.
 #1305085  by nomis

Free food if u can catch em [and cook them] ...
 #1526572  by pumpers

Time for a bump on this thread, two days late.
The CBS news video link no longer works, but the Youtube link is still up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqS7MSnTljk

To be honest, I don't remember if the Youtube link is the whole video or not. I have some vague (perhaps imagined) recollection of
the birds on the platform seemingly(?) trying for a few seconds to get on the train after the consist stopped and the doors opened.

A late Happy Thanksgiving to all. Jim S