Railroad Forums 

• How close do you live to the tracks?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#152529  by AEM7Fan

Well, at least there's a positive for your move. I'm about that far away from a Norfolk Southern line which runs from Lancaster to Columbia to hook up with their "Port Road" Branch. Unfortunately, there isn't much action on the route. :( However, we are about 5 minutes away from Amtrak's Keystone Line. :-D

#152575  by MetraRy

hey, I am 1 block from the Union Pacific Geneva District, 4 Blocks from a IC line, and about 6 blocks to proviso yard.

#152582  by MetraF40C607

I live one mile from the Illinois Central Freeport Sub and three miles from the Milwaukee West Metra District.

#152583  by AznSumtinSumtin

I live about half mile from the MBTA's Haverhill/Reading line and the Orange Line subway.
 #152590  by Amtrak31

I live less than 5 minutes from the EJ&E Mainline, and about 10 minutes from Joliet Union Station. :-)

#152627  by njtmnrrbuff

I am nine tenths of a mile from transit's upper montclair station of the Montclair Boonton. A lot of traffic and in three years, there will be weekend service. There is a freight line probaly just over 2 miles from me in Nutley. This is Norfolk and Southern's NWK branch. The service in this is a big joke. Might as well convert it into a light rail line but the tracks have to really be shaped up. I think I am like 6 miles from the Orange station of transit's Morris and Essex. I am probaly less than 3 miles from the ex-Erie main at Clifton station but when someone can give me a lift to that line, I use Passaic.

#152722  by stevo

guolford runs at by the end of my street

#152735  by CN/NECR

I live 30 miles away from a CP,and CN line.I have to travel by car,it's all highway.It's all worth it though,you seee about 30-40 trains(during the day) both CN,CP.

#152934  by hioo1

right across the street from the CSX Trenton line, across from the Hopewell train station

#153155  by SeldenJrFireman

I live about 3 miles to the closest tracks and crossing. I can however hear the horn miles away. When I am at my model railroad club, the tracks are a mear 50 feet into the woods!

#154128  by Joe

2 blocks from the BNSF Chicago subdivision. Lotsa action, but it's a quiet zone so I don't hear horns all that often from my house. :(

My friend used to have the tracks in his backyard but he moved.

#154132  by TAMR213

The NEC is in my backyard. Over 200 trains a day!

#154168  by Frank

I live about 9 blocks away from the Massapequa Park RR station.

#154466  by Fla East Coast Chris

And seeing M1's and M3's and M7's glide by!!!! AAARRRGGGGHHH
an occasional DE/DM or NYAR!!!!!!
Chris