Railroad Forums 

• ARA excursion in the 70's - 1 photo

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#1524654  by BR&P

Came across a slide I took which might be of interest here. It was processed in 1976 but my processing sometimes lagged well behind my shooting in those days. No recollection at all of the occasion.
img093.jpg
img093.jpg (347.61 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
 #1525216  by Benjamin Maggi

That's a great picture! Thanks for sharing.

As an aside, I keep banging the drum that the A&A should run their "mixed train specials" again sometime.
 #1525230  by DGC-24711

Benjamin Maggi wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:31 am That's a great picture! Thanks for sharing.

As an aside, I keep banging the drum that the A&A should run their "mixed train specials" again sometime.
So I am led to believe that during that excursion run, a customer along the line (or maybe they were returning with the car?) was to receive a car and the people in the open car were able to watch the delivery of the car during the excursion?
 #1525691  by BR&P

DGC-24711 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:10 pm

So I am led to believe that during that excursion run, a customer along the line (or maybe they were returning with the car?) was to receive a car and the people in the open car were able to watch the delivery of the car during the excursion?
I doubt it. Possible, but more likely they took the car along for the flavor of a "mixed train".