Railroad Forums 

• Bucksport Branch activity & news

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1503771  by backroadrails

Well the first train past the Holtrachem spur since 2017 ran a few weeks ago. NM-1 placed from what I could tell around 20-40 ceterbeams into storage around Center Drive in Orrington. I wouldn't be surprised to see more cars stored since both of the in service passing sidings east of Waterville have cars on them, along with several tracks at NMJ which have caused a capacity issue, and has resulted in some interesting switching moves.
 #1518356  by Cloudman195

Not sure. But looks as if they replaced some old section of rail leading into mill yard that was tipped sideways. Maybey they will haul rest of scrap out via rail but I'm not holding my breath on it
 #1518367  by Cloudman195

Could be. Would be nice to keep the line open. I was reading in a.i.m.s plan for bucksport recovery that they want to fill in the log pond and unload cargo container type ships via rail as well. Read it in their pdf file Bangor daily posted last year. So may have possibly two clients in the future
 #1518397  by Cloudman195

I saw in bucksports future plan that they plan to fill in the log pond to the left of the mill to expand the port and bring in cargo ships and unload them via. Rail. It's in bucksports adapt plan made by aim. So hopefuly in the future that comes to fruition
 #1518404  by gokeefe

Probably not. Almost looks like a propane terminal to the right and something else to the left. Perhaps grain or fish food. For the size and scale of the facility this seems to make sense.
 #1518533  by KSmitty

newpylong wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:51 pm No idea but that Salmon Farm rendering is interesting to see railcars: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/05/21/ ... mill-site/

Coincidence?
I believe thats actually an old areal photo or more likely google maps type render and they simply removed the old mill buildings and added in what they wanted. Notice the turntable pit is there. That seems an odd detail to render in plus the random traffic, and the other details that seem way over done compared with other renders for similar projects I've seen.