Railroad Forums 

• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1506119  by Trinnau

There is additional equipment in the coach as well, not just in the cab which is very limited in space. It was also pulled out of mothballs to be used for PTC testing so it may not have been made passenger-worthy.

And while the 1514 was involved, it was not on the in-service train. It was on the train that ran the signal. Images show the 1533 was the control car on the in-service train.
 #1511122  by cbrett

Around 3-4 I saw an Amtrak car in the middle of a consist on the Beverly Drawbridge headed towards Boston, what's up with that? Tried to get a pic but I was busy with some Bill &Bobs Roast Beef and missed the shot
 #1517719  by MBTA3247

I saw an outbound train this evening at Wyoming Hill that had a locomotive, 3 (IIRC) coaches, another locomotive, and another 4 or 5 coaches. The second locomotive seemed to be doing the work. I'm not sure what the train number was, as this was around 7:30PM.
 #1517763  by octr202

That was what sounded like an epic failure of 217, being rescued by 295. I'll post something over in the delay thread from what I saw on T Alerts.
 #1520344  by Arlington

Spotted a Pan Am office observation train (it seems like a mix of dark blue and stainless cars) headed towards Boston engine on the south and observation car on the North.

I suspect it was waiting to enter the stretch of track that is single tracked on the Lowell line at midday, not moving just parked at Tufts University