Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1472695  by Backshophoss

Believe the Hunts Point Market move is at least a 5-6 days a week,at night,or early am before the market opens for the day,most of the truck deliveries are
at "0 Dark 30" to the warehouses at Hunts Point grocery side. :(
 #1475750  by Backshophoss

Wonder if the 2 FICX flat cars went back to CSX for the 3rd attempt to head west to Ohio?
 #1475769  by gregorygrice

Backshophoss wrote:Wonder if the 2 FICX flat cars went back to CSX for the 3rd attempt to head west to Ohio?
Sent out a few days ago and they didnt return them.
 #1475814  by gregorygrice

Backshophoss wrote:Did they cut off 3100's fuel tank to make CSX happy?
Nothing was changed. That's not what the issue was.
 #1475920  by rr503

gregorygrice wrote:
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the issue? Glibly saying it wasn’t x still leaves a through w and y and z as potential causes — unless you don’t know, of course, in which case my sincere apologies.
 #1475995  by Backshophoss

It could have been a paperwork issue,or something on the FICX flatcars needed to repaired to allow them to be interchanged.
There's also a possibility the chains and binders needed to be tightened up or replaced(aka a securement issue)
 #1476319  by gregorygrice

rr503 wrote:
gregorygrice wrote:
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the issue? Glibly saying it wasn’t x still leaves a through w and y and z as potential causes — unless you don’t know, of course, in which case my sincere apologies.
Weights on the paperwork were incorrect.
 #1485967  by csx8851

Time to bump this thread a bit. Last Sunday at roughly 11:30am, I saw a train heading to FP. Didn't catch the power but noticed some new blue loaded GACX stone cars with the usual mixed freight. Quite odd for a Sunday movement.
 #1485976  by gregorygrice

csx8851 wrote:Time to bump this thread a bit. Last Sunday at roughly 11:30am, I saw a train heading to FP. Didn't catch the power but noticed some new blue loaded GACX stone cars with the usual mixed freight. Quite odd for a Sunday movement.
That's actually pretty normal. CSX makes atleast 1 round trip across 7 days a week unless something happens prior.
 #1487175  by Train2009

CSX Q701 was seen this morning at 8:25 AM on the Oak Point link.