Railroad Forums 

• ShadyDale Georgia track work or trail?

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1285053  by NNR

was wondering if anyone knows whats going on with the track along the Shadydale Georgia station. I believe its the Central of Georgia line the track is ripped up in some parts with piles of fresh stone being layed. and further down the line it looks like un ballasted rebuilt track? is it being rebuilt or ripped up for a trail? Thanks so much.
 #1285089  by MattW

Which track is this? There are now three railroads into Shady Dale, NS from the south who hands off to Squaw Creek Southern to the North, then the old Great Walton Railroad which came in from the West. As I understand it, the Great Walton branch was abandoned in 2009, but that a short segment from Shady Dale still remained active. Maybe that has changed.
 #1285245  by NNR

i beleive its the central of georgia line that sqaw creek and southern had/has a lease right in front of the old ShadyDale station. the track was just recently ripped up the rail is still bolted together laying off to the side and piles of stone are dumped along the right of way.
 #1285262  by MattW

I haven't heard anything myself, I was planning on heading that way in the not too distant future so I may check it out for myself then too!