Railroad Forums 

• RRs in Ft. Myers area

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1256201  by 4400Washboard

I'm sorry if this sounds really stupid but...

Are there any RRs I can spot in Ft. Myers and/or Tampa and/or Bradenton FL?

I am taking various trans-USA rail journey/excursions to various places and am gathering information on RRs in places I just happen to be visiting.

Thanks, TJ
 #1256342  by Ocala Mike

CSX has rail lines in all these areas. Suggest you google the maps on line.
 #1257853  by sery2831

Fort Myers has the Seminole Gulf RR that operates mainly from the city North. They have a line that extends towards Naples but it appears not have seen a train in sometime. They also have a dinner train operation. CSX operates up towards Tampa.
 #1258035  by Noel Weaver

Seminole and Gulf has an interchange with CSX at Arcadia. I suspect the Seminole and Gulf operates more or less at least five days a week between Arcadia and Fort Myers.
Noel Weaver
 #1295528  by Jim Kaufman

I know it is too late for the previous poster(s) on RR's in the Ft Myers (FLa) area, but here is a heads up for the snowbirds coming down this winter.
I went to a Red Sox game at Ft Myers in 2011 at City of Palms park and we could see and hear some rail activity in the area of the ball park which is located in downtown Ft Myers (the Sox have a beautiful new park, Fenway South at Jet Blue Park, near the airport).
I've been going to Ft MyersBeach for the last 8 years, and have not seen a train south of Daniels Parkway (near the Twins park), the crossing is protected by flashing lights and double arms over 6 lanes of highway (the very rusted single track runs behind a giant fruit stand); also I golf at San Carlos GC (off US 41 & Constitution Blvd), and you cross single trk that has weeds and heavy rust, never saw or heard train while playing there. Further south, track crosses Bonita Beach Rd, again overkill on crossing protection (this is near the Naples/Ft Myers Dog Trk), and from numerous crossings using this road, it looks like the track ends maybe 1/4 south of Bonita Beach Rd...there is no track to Naples, but the passenger station in Naples is still standing with a caboose and (looks like an old PC baggage car) small gauge trk around the building.