Railroad Forums 

• Batten Kill Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1179050  by charlie6017

Great news.........and Thank you Chris for posting that link to these excellent shots!

Charlie
 #1179128  by B&M 1227

605 has been used as a pinch hitter a couple times this year when 4116 was down for the count. 4116 is the usual power. I've heard different stories about 605's problems, from bad truck springs to a messed up compressor that's leaking oil. The latter came from a more reliable source, but I wouldn't discount a problem with the trucks. I heard a rumor that the BKRR may swap 605's trucks with the ex B&M RS3 at Colonie, but with the recent developments with the Colonie equipment, I'll believe it when I see it.
 #1179922  by B&M 1227

I stopped by Eagle Bridge again today. I imagine they wont be running for a couple days as they're doing some fairly significant tie replacement on both tracks. There's also pieces of one switch off to the side, but I haven't seen any evidence of the second switch.
Attachments:
(151.22 KiB) Downloaded 5815 times
 #1255107  by B&M 1227

For the last few weeks Pan Am has been delivering spine cars for storage on the Batten Kill, making for abnormally long 25+ car trains. According to other lists there will be 200 total stored, likely towards Salem and Thompson.

I'm also throwing in a couple iphone shots from this winter.

#1255237  by tahawus84

Thanks for the great shots!!! This is a great railroad glad to see its still hanging on!
 #1255302  by Otto Vondrak

B&M 1227 wrote:I'm also throwing in a couple iphone shots from this winter.
Your iphone shots are pretty stellar! Thanks for sharing!

-otto-
 #1259434  by Benjamin Maggi

What is the reason for all of the COVX spine cars? Were they storing them for someone else?
 #1319660  by B&M 1227

COVX cars may be leaving soon. Pan Am set off MEC 601 for the Batten Kill yesterday, who took it north with 3 loads for Cargill. There's muttering of it being used to remove some of the spines seeing as they've borrowed an engine before for "intermodal service."