Railroad Forums 

• Real-Time Map of NJTransit Trains

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1230198  by ApproachMedium

Tri rail service is getting more and more popular as people get away from cars and get in to trains. I rode it a few years ago and it was quite packed on a week day in october.
 #1234299  by lirr42

They must have a limit still on how many people can see it. I get a message that states "This site has exceeded its daily quota for maps. If you are the creator of this site, please visit the documentation to learn more."
 #1234342  by Amtrak7

lirr42 wrote:They must have a limit still on how many people can see it. I get a message that states "This site has exceeded its daily quota for maps. If you are the creator of this site, please visit the documentation to learn more."
That's a daily quota placed on the Google Maps API. That number is quite large though (25,000 pageloads per day) so it must be linked from somewhere other than this hidden link.
 #1234467  by OportRailfan

That and the Point on the map for Jersey Ave is actually at Adams M/W Base. Jersey Ave/County is east of the actual point they have listed.
 #1234579  by 25Hz

OportRailfan wrote:That and the Point on the map for Jersey Ave is actually at Adams M/W Base. Jersey Ave/County is east of the actual point they have listed.
That is pretty funny, seeing as the rest of the station dots are exactly where they should be.... However, i do believe the mid-line loop station will be somewhere near this dot... if not exactly in that spot.
 #1240251  by transit man

I noticed that the pop up box which appears when a train icon is selected, now displays all scheduled stops (there was an issue when scrolling up/down in the box, the station listing would not change. Also, could train information for the Atlantic City Line and Princeton Shuttle be displayed?
 #1240339  by 25Hz

transit man wrote:I noticed that the pop up box which appears when a train icon is selected, now displays all scheduled stops (there was an issue when scrolling up/down in the box, the station listing would not change. Also, could train information for the Atlantic City Line and Princeton Shuttle be displayed?
The isue was not with scrolling, but data loading from the back end populating the station list. ACL should have same as rest of system, princeton branch may operate differently than the rest of the system due to it being in dark territory and single set of equipment operating.
 #1466191  by NJT4149

R&DB wrote:Does this service work anymore? I had it last spring but can't locate it now.
They locked the service near the beginning of last year. I couldn’t access it without having an employee email and password.
 #1466196  by ApproachMedium

This info was not intended for the public. NJTs inept IT dept left it unsecured for the longest time. Even after its public shutdown, somebody i know inside knew the password to get on it, it was pretty dumb. Then they finally fixed that too.
 #1466204  by R&DB

Thanks guys. I don't understand why NJT has an issue with this information when Amtrak doesn't. (asm.transitdocs.com)
 #1466207  by ApproachMedium

Amtrak is providing the info via a secure connection and using industry standard software. The NJ Transit site is an internal system site that runs on software that I believe is intellectual property of NJT, and obviously not secure. There was a way at one point where if you knew what you were doing, you could get into their network via a backdoor on that site. Not good.