Railroad Forums 

• New Paint

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1208137  by Jmusolf

Noel Weaver wrote:Two matched units in the new paint scheme went north last night on 226, here is a shot of them and I think it is the most beautiful paint job anywhere in the US today. More repaints are in the works too.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=433568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy

Noel Weaver
I'm going to have to agree about it being the most beautiful paint job in the US. Any word on when the SD70M-2's will receive that paint scheme?
 #1208231  by Noel Weaver

Jmusolf wrote:
Noel Weaver wrote:Two matched units in the new paint scheme went north last night on 226, here is a shot of them and I think it is the most beautiful paint job anywhere in the US today. More repaints are in the works too.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=433568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy

Noel Weaver
I'm going to have to agree about it being the most beautiful paint job in the US. Any word on when the SD70M-2's will receive that paint scheme?
Not sure about the SD-70's. Train 101 had three matched "Champion" units this afternoon, 703, 714 and 713 and they looked stunning to say the least. I will post a link to some pictures or video when it becomes available.
Noel Weaver
 #1208379  by Zeke

I agree Noel what a stunning paint scheme. The old time paint design men were a rare breed more artist than industrial image creators. I give a lot of credit to the FEC managers who decided to bring back this paint scheme from the archives. You can always tell a true in the blood railroader by their work. Whoever was responsible for recreating this scheme and then painting the whole fleet is one such individual. I bet a side benefit is it probably helped in the morale department among the ranks. I bet you would not mind running that triple header stack train down to Miami for them. LOL
 #1218729  by Noel Weaver

Monday, September 30th saw the dedication of two more locomotives in new paint at Bowden Yard, Jacksonville. Engines 425 and 436 are blue with a pink stripe in support of Breast Cancer Month in October and they look stunning. Here is a link to a photo.

http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/9 ... 569609.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As i understand it these two locomotives are going to circulate all over the railroad mostly on locals where they will be sure to be seen by the general public. We now have six 700's in new paint plus the two 400's, I think more are in the works.
Noel Weaver
 #1218773  by electricron

It's nice to see freshly painted locomotives. Hopefully they run internally mechanically as great as they look externally. Beauty is more than skin deep, but the first thing most people see, especially investors, is just the skin. I believe that might be the reason for all this new paint, they are lining up investors for their All Aboard Florida passenger train project.
 #1219508  by NH2060

I must admit I am a bit fond of the dark blue with red/white pinstripe FEC scheme, but the Champion Scheme scheme looks very sharp on those EMDs! Nice to see the RR take pride in their heritage like that :-)