Railroad Forums 

• Topic reply notification emails are not working

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1189879  by MEC407

MEC407 wrote:Hey Greg, I'm experiencing a new issue within the past hour or so... I'm not receiving topic reply notification emails. I was receiving them this morning, but I stopped receiving them about an hour and a half ago, even though there have been replies to several topics I'm subscribed to.
MEC407 wrote:Has any one else stopped receiving topic reply notification emails or is it just me?
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but this is a really critical problem for me. As a moderator, those notification emails make my job MUCH easier... and without them, my job becomes more difficult and more time-consuming.

I've verified all of my settings (the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box is checked) and I've checked to make sure that the emails aren't being routed to my junkmail folder.
 #1190198  by MEC407

I'm also not receiving email notifications for private messages (PMs).
 #1190451  by MEC407

Thank you for piling on; I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. :)
 #1190635  by 3rdrail

I'm not getting e-mail notifications either. Started about two days ago. Hey- Wait a dog gone minute ! Wasn't that about the time that we started inquiring about Mo Bouk ? See, I told you that he was a mean spirited poltergeist that didn't like being disturbed !
 #1191074  by MEC407

From the Upgrade thread...
JoeG wrote:I am still not getting notifications of posts. I am using Chrome but I suspect the issue has nothing to do with what browser I am using.
 #1195888  by Head-end View

Same problem here using Internet Explorer/Windows Live Mail. Like the above posters, last notification rec'd on 5/28. None since the upgrade. I checked all settings, even logged off and back on to no avail. I e-mailed Jeff about it on June 15th. He got back to me on June 20th with an apology for the delay, as he'd been out-of-town; said he would get on it ASAP. So hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
 #1198051  by toolmaker

Test post for email response. I have not seen a new post to the many topics I follow since end of May, right after the upgrades. I subscribed to several active topics today to see if they will send notifications. Thanks.