Railroad Forums 

• Railroad.net Upgrade 5/24/13 At MIDNIGHT

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1190872  by JoeG

I am still not getting notifications of posts. I am using Chrome but I suspect the issue has nothing to do with what browser I am using.
 #1191075  by MEC407

Yes, I'm quite certain that it's a site issue and not a browser issue. Several other folks have reported the same problem.
 #1191395  by MaineCoonCat

MEC407 wrote:Yes, I'm quite certain that it's a site issue and not a browser issue. Several other folks have reported the same problem.
JoeG wrote:I am still not getting notifications of posts. I am using Chrome but I suspect the issue has nothing to do with what browser I am using.
Mmmmm.. Yeah, same here. IMHO, this should not be browser related. I'm using (and have successfully have been) an e-mail client (Outlook) and not "web mail" (browser based) for access to my e-mail, not that that should matter.
 #1191657  by ACeInTheHole

gprimr1 wrote:I'm still working to resolve the new posts issue.
Take your time, no rush. Often times on other sites when bugs of this sort are reported nothing at all is done no matter how many people complain, so I thank you for making resolve the issues.
 #1192565  by umtrr-author

I seem to be having a different problem: The "mark forums read" isn't working for me.

It worked exactly one time in conjunction with my logging out, a couple of days ago but now that doesn't work either.

IE 9 browser, no extensions or blocking.

Anyone else have this issue?
 #1192670  by MEC407

I'm having a problem with the "Search This Forum" and "Search This Topic" features. I've provided more detail here: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=150811
 #1193265  by RRspatch

umtrr-author wrote:I seem to be having a different problem: The "mark forums read" isn't working for me.

It worked exactly one time in conjunction with my logging out, a couple of days ago but now that doesn't work either.

IE 9 browser, no extensions or blocking.

Anyone else have this issue?
Same here. The "Mark Forums Read" button is not working in that the last visited date is not updating.

Firefox 21.0
 #1193386  by 3rdrail

Notifications of posts via email are still out, Greg. That's a handy shortcut.
 #1197875  by pawprivate

I am not getting e-mail notifications of posts to the Topics I am subscribed to.
I am using Firefox 22.
One thread (Conn. River Line) had migrated to my My Yahoo RSS feed - it's all alone there
This started right after the upgrade and had continued since then.
I PMed Jeff, but got no response yet.
I can log in and visit my topics manualy.
My subscription list is up to date and my membership appears to be active and in good standing.
I'm a rare poster but a big RR Fan.

Peter Ward
pawprivate
 #1199114  by gprimr1

We are def having trouble with the subscriptions. I am continuing to investigate