Railroad Forums 

• New Georgia Railroad

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1168530  by Pullman

I am looking for information on the passenger cars used by the New Georgia Railroad. Specifically for a former Canadian National 10-6 Sleeper, the "Hay River". Built by Pullman in 1948, for the New York Central as one of 97 cars in the River series of sleepers. Went to CN in 1965, then to VIA and from there to the New Georgia.

Looking for info and views of the car in use on the New Georgia.

As well, I do know that the car was sold into private ownership and became known as the "Palmetto State", based out of Easley, South Carolina. Now based out of Woodland, CA and known as the "Two Rivers".

Thanks in advance. Someone must have images of the car on the New Georgia.
 #1171920  by Pullman

Have found some additional info:

Went to VIA from CN in 1982. Sold by VIA to private owner, date unknown.

Sold by private owner to New Georgia in 1987. Became New Georgia car 2000. Painted in the multi-color scheme matching diesel locomotives.

I believe the car was used on dinner trains as waiting space for meals.

Sold after New Georgia ceased operations in 1993. Converted to sleeper lounge by new owner. As previously mentioned, became known as the "Palmetto State", based out of Easley, South Carolina.

Would like to know who was the owner who purchased the car from VIA. As well, always looking for images of the car in service on the New Georgia.

Thanks,

Roger Colton